Sunday, April 19, 2009

Yosemite Snow Days

We decided to venture into Yosemite this past winter break to give the boys their first taste of snow both figuratively and literally. It is safe to say they have a love-hate relationship with snow. Lucky for them, we don't live in a place that snows, and it is a short 3 and 1/2 hour trip away if they decide they want rekindle their whine for it.



Daddy dug them a snow cave that they enjoyed crawling in. The older boy did not want to work to build it. He would much rather watch and whine about how uncomfortable he was while someone else did all the work. It's nice to see the "happy" pictures post trip because during it you would have thought they would have rather gone home. "Vacationing" with kids can be quite a chore, eh.


My little ground squirrel.



They also built a snow run that they slid/tumbled down many times. In this picture you can see the littlest boy stuffing snow in his face. Thankfully it was not yellow. In his words, "I thirsty mommy."

********

My spring break is over, but at least I only have about 8 more weeks of work left this year and then I am "off" for the summer. I am looking forward to resuming my full time job as their mother, at least temporarily. Next year, I am happy to say I will be teaching math again which I LOVE! Then again, it is only 6th grade math and not algebra or calculus. That is surely not my idea of fun.

No comments: