Sunday, February 17, 2008

Me Me Memes?

1. I was tagged for the first time ever for a meme by Julie from the the calm before the stork.

As usual, I am behind on these things, but it isn't unusual for me to procrastinate things. In high school, I used to get up an hour before class to cram for my biology tests, which I had to take during first period. I guess I did okay in that class considering I didn't usually wake up until 3rd period and basically just sat there during class with a glazed look on my face. It's the same glazed look I have for the first two hours after my kids wake me up every morning at seven. Who designed kids to wake up so damn early anyway? They should be born with the coordination to pour their own cereal and drinks if you ask me. Every night I prepare their drinks--chocolate milk for the older boy and plain milk for the Bee--put them in the fridge, and then pour cheerios into their supposed-to-be-no-spill-but-spill-all-of-the-time-anyway containers and place them on the high chair in attempts to buy myself just a few more minutes in bed. Sometimes it works, and sometimes I just ignore them.

And now back to the meme. Here are the rules.

1. Link to the person that tagged you and post the rules on your blog.

2. Share five random and/or weird facts about yourself on your blog.

3. Share the five top places on your “want to see or want to see again” list.

4. Tag a minimum of five random people at the end of your post and include links to their blogs. Let each person know that they have been tagged by leaving a comment in their blog.


2. Share five random and/or weird facts about yourself on your blog.

*My uncle use to call me "Blue Eyes" and so did the rest of his family when I was a kid. My uncle was German-English and owned a ranch we used to go to every Sunday for dinner. The story goes that he thought my eyes were going to be blue when he saw me as a baby, and despite the fact that they ended up brown, the nickname stuck. Maybe he was just able to see the future and into the eyes of my own children.

*My best childhood memories are of his farm. There were chickens we fed, cows we milked, horses we'd often ride, ducks we'd chase, and dogs and cats that were the foundation of his alarm system. There were also numerous pecan trees for snacking on and a vegetable garden. My cousins and I use to secretly build fires and forts and played hide-and-seek among the mesquite trees. We'd also go swimming in the pond when I wasn't too grossed out by the fish and algae living in it.

*I don't eat salad. I am generally very picky about which veggies I eat and how. I will only eat carrots in soup, and spinach in sandwiches.

* Between fourth and seventh grade, I went to three different elementary schools and two different middle schools in three different states.

* I have over 30 cousins I almost never see.

* And because the first two weren't quite random, here is a sixth. I married my high school sweetheart who I met when I was 16 and he was 18 in my AP Spanish class. We have been together for almost 13 years and married for 7.

3. Share the five top places on your “want to see or want to see again” list.

*Yosemite National Park because I never get tired of its beauty.

*Illinois because during the brief time I lived there, I never once made it to Chicago.

*Yucatan Peninsula and other interior parts of Mexico.

*Spain

*Italy

4. Tag a minimum of five random people at the end of your post and include links to their blogs. Let each person know that they have been tagged by leaving a comment in their blog.

1001 Petals

Veronica on the Verge


Miguelina

HalfMama

Mommy off the Record

4 comments:

Julie Feinstein said...

You you youmes!

I always feel a little guilty tagging people, in case they don't want to play, but I love what comes out when they do!

What great stories! That farm sounds amazing. And I promise never to serve you salad.

People used to say my eyes were blue too, long after they weren't. I remember looking in the mirror and thinking that maybe the whites looked blueish. Heh.

Thanks for doing this even though I procrastinated and never made it over to let you know you were tagged!

NoMasNinos said...

No problem - you eventually made it over. I really wasn't sure how the how thing worked, but I was honored to have been tagged.

Anonymous said...

Thanks for tagging me! I've actually done this one before... although it was eight things and didn't include the destinations part. I'm not sure if I can come up with five more random things... And I might bore any readers I have to oblivion if I do. :)

Always fun to be tagged though. Thanks!

So sweet about you and your husband. What a great, sweet start to your history!

NoMasNinos said...

Don't worry about not continuing the meme. I was just honored that Julie tagged me for my first ever. No pressure on my part. I generally dislike anything that seems like a chain-letter. Thanks for commenting.